Friday 20 September 2013

EARLY UFO SIGHTING






Some stuff here that give us a glimpse into the first appearances in the UK music press of Japanese jazz outfit, United Future Organization.
The item at the top is an ad that was published in Straight No Chaser magazine in Spring 1992 and is for UFO's debut single, "I Love My Baby, My Baby Loves Jazz" which was released on Zero Records.
The review of the single under the ad is from Check Dis magazine and is dated April 1992.
Under that is a playlist from the same April issue of Straight No Chaser mag and shows the UFO track was also doing the biz in the USA, the chart compiled by Michael Hodgson who presented the Steppin' Out radio show in California.
Lastly, I have plucked out my 12" copy of the single to accompany the items.

No comments:

Post a Comment