Tuesday 26 March 2013

WIRE MAGAZINE







Wire magazine became galvanised into action back in 1982 - and the 3 cover examples shown at the top here are from its first 20 years in publication, so includes the very first issue, one from 1990 and another from 2002.
They state that the magazine is "devoted to creative contemporary music in all its forms" in an advert they placed in Take Cover magazine in 1990, which is the 2nd item I have on display above. You can read the ad itself to get a more detailed overview of the kind of material they enthused over.
Concentrating on the dancefloor side of things however, the 3rd item above is a chart that appeared in a 1990 issue containing some of the club tracks they were plugging, and from it I've chosen an EP out on Nu Groove by The Utopia Project, the vinyl copy here being from my collection.
I've also chucked on an ad that appeared in a 2002 issue - it's for a compilation album called "Cherrystone's Rocks" released on Lo Recordings, and this one I have on CD.
Incidentally, out of all the magazines being paraded on "Raider Of The Lost Racks", Wire is the only one that I still subscribe to today!

No comments:

Post a Comment